From Stella McCartney to Celine, plaid has come a long way since Kurt Cobain sparked a flannel phenomenon in the 90s.
A new wave of chic style setters are reaching for the tartan but this time its paired with patent heels and Chanel `boy’ bags.
Dries van Noten took on the grunge aesthetic with a modern twist last season styling sheer silk shirts in a subtle plaid print with feminine pencil skirts adorned with delicate hand-sewn floral applique.
But for the everyday on the street, a simple plaid shirt with jeans or plaid pants with a t-shirt are a great way to update into this new season look without being too grunge or too runway.
For more looks, head to our Plaid pinterest board.
- Looks of the Week: Plaid & Tartan (moicontrelavie.com)
- Plaid for Work (knockedupfabulous.com)
- falling for plaid (mybougeotte.com)
- Plaid it up (blackandwhitemakesgrey.com)
- All Over Fashion Week: Plaid On Plaid Is The New Plaid (forbes.com)