Visitors to the recent Australian Shoe Fair discovered the key Autumn Winter 2012/13 trends for colours, fabrics & silhouettes that will influence the Australian fashion, footwear and accessories industry.
Presented by Jen Sherrin of WGSN Australia and New Zealand, the leading online fashion trend-analysis and research service providing creative and business intelligence for the apparel, style, design and retail industries.
WATCH our interview with Jen below as we discuss the key pastel trend that has transferred from spring summer into autumn winter; the major influence the London Olympics has and will have on global trends; and the new WGSN accessories resource library.
THE KEY ITEMS
1. Exaggerated Front Loafer
2. Town Shoe
3. Loose Ankle Boot
4. Elegant Jane
5. Worker Biker Boot
1. 60’s Metropolis – Transitional deliveries, Early 60’s inspiration, Smart- casual, simple shapes, clean, minimal lines, strong graphic colours.
2. Folkloric – Multicultural, rich print & pattern, handcrafted, casual wear updates, early autumn deliveries, replaces Navajo inspirations.
3. Eccentric Heritage – Traditional heritage with a twist, quirky & eccentric, rich autumnal tones, historical references, mixed fabrications.
4. Dark Romance – historical references, romantic undertones, Edwardian & Victoriana, gothic derivatives, biker updates, sartorial menswear.
5. Army Surplus – Strong outerwear, iconic detailing, military archives.
You can also check out the Accessories and Footwear Live Look books video taken from the recent Australian Shoe Fair via our YouTube channel HERE.