There was no shortage of fashion trend’s that rocked 2011, the trends this year were exciting, fun and vibrant, so with out further ado here are my top 5 picks.
Eryn Behan is director of Ginger Trend Consulting, a trend analyst and a provider of fashion forecast services and consumer insight trends to the fashion and interior design industries throughout Australasia.
1. Colour blocking – bold block combinations in beautiful hues were thrown together in any which way you pleased. There were no rules with this trend when it came to making a bold statement. Fashionistas rocked bright orange as the colour of choice especially for single head to toe pieces and many of the garment shapes were sport inspired,.This fun and vibrant trend is set to continue into next summer
2. Even though this is not apparel we can’t forget about Shellac… love. (If you haven’t heard of this before now, head to Lady Melbourne for the scoop).
3. The 70’s were back – we saw a resurgence in high waisted, wide leg’s, super light denim, pussy bow blouses, pop colours and crop tops, wedged shoes and a plaited leather headband saw the revival of the authentic hippie. 70’s inspired trends took the fashion world by storm, bohemian inspired and retro baby.
4. Kate Middleton – Kate is set to continue to be on of the worlds leading fashion icons. Inspiring much of this years fast and ‘must have’ items on the high street and also designer pieces on the catwalks. So far she has inspired classic styles, elegance, understated pieces and a resurgence in glamorous dressing.
5. Black Swan – Back in January we saw the release of Black Swan a hugely successful film at the box office. The trend was a classic ballet aesthetic Inspiring a clash of romantic and gothic looks. What it looked like was feather’s, tulle and intricate detailing, dark smokey eyes and updated and wearable ballet garments. Leather biker boots were worn with a layered tulle skirt, ballet slippers with a soft chiffon dress teamed with a classic styled leather jacket were all key to this fast fashion trend believed to have also developed from the SS11 catwalks.
As always interested in your thoughts, email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org